Friday, August 31, 2007

sleepless in seattle

One thing about working for “the man” is that you get to stay at fancy hotels for the corporate rate. I just checked in to the Fairmont Hotel in Seattle where I will stay for three nights. My girlfriend will arrive tomorrow evening from witchcamp, so tomorrow I will explore Seattle on my own. I hear there are some great bookstores here, and someone told me that the public library near the Pikes Market is an example of some incredible architecture.

It was a long trip. The plane was an hour late, and there was a long line to pick up the rental car. I arrived at the hotel at 1 AM famished, so I asked the valet parker if there was a Denny’s nearby. He gave me a strange look, as I guess not too many people check in to the Fairmont and ask where the Denny’s is. He said, “It’s pretty far away. Try room service.”

The room is a big as the average two-bedroom apartment in Manhattan, and there were five chocolate covered strawberries on the desk, which I promptly ate. Now I am eating my BLT from room service, which came exactly as I ordered it. The tomatoes are even heirloom. Now that’s something.

I feel like I should stay awake all night just to enjoy the room!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got to see that new sculpture garden down by the water. The best thing about Seattle is all the public art!

A

judy g said...

we didn't, but saw some pics of it.....i definitely want to go back there...